Saturday, November 26, 2005

41,000 words and counting

With only a few days left, I am racing to finish the 50,000 words which will form the basis of my novel. I am in relatively good shape to complete it on time, although I did not write much in the past two days due to the fact that I was out of town for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I managed to write about 200 words on my palm pilot, but the slow pace of the input method meant that it was almost impossible to get any substantial work done on that device.

I am writing now about the main character’s downfall, he is being discarded by his friend and then suffering rejection from a series of lovers which ultimately will leave him tired and will put him on the road back home.

It is interesting to write this part of the story because it is challenging to convey both the moment to moment experiences of the protagonist, but also the overarching sense of abandonment that he feels which will eventually push him into leaving his dream of living in the Crescent City.

I have really been enjoying writing this month and I hope that many of the things that I learned about writing during the month stay with me when this project is done.

JB aka JayBee created this post at 6:48 PM.



Name: JB aka JayBee

Home: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States





Current Moon






Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional



Design by Beccary