Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Working hard not to fall behind

The writing is going well for the most part and I am trying hard not to fall behind. It requires a certain dedication to kick out 1700 words every day but the alternative is either falling behind or giving up, two things that I am not going to let myself do.

I received a really nice email from my friend Kile and it has helped to boost my drive. After making little progress yesterday I wrote almost 3000 words in the last two hours. This brings me back to close to where I am supposed to be, but I have to write another 1900 words before midnight on Wednesday to be caught up. I feel good about this. I just have to be patient and not rush my characters along their path. Let them stop in each town they have to stop in and talk to the people there. I figure I should get them to New Orleans around 20,000 or 25,000 words, so there is no rush. There is plenty of time to tell the story.

I have been drinking water and slowly nursing a gin and tonic for the last two hours. Isn't there some stereotype about writers drinking a lot?

I should go to sleep soon and start fresh in the morning.

JB aka JayBee created this post at 1:45 AM.



Name: JB aka JayBee

Home: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States





Current Moon






Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional



Design by Beccary