Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Sometimes I go to sleep at day break

...and sometimes I wake up in the morning to the sounds of sparrows and diesel delivery trucks. Those are the mornings when I have torn myself away from the pulsing electronic matrix that haunts me by night. Wrapped up in a sheet and the scent of my lover, there is a strange moment, a quality I cannot describe in the dawn of a new day. Rather than being exhausted, today I spring out of bed and put a pot of hot water on the stove. I spoon coffee grounds into the coffee maker and when the water boils I remove it from the blue flame of the stove top and pour it over the coarsely ground black roasted coffee. The water always makes a hissing sound as it envelops the coffee in her hot embrace, wringing the essence from the coffee, like a lover pulling her partner to climax.

Mundane or sacred, it is all in how you choose to see it.

JB aka JayBee created this post at 7:56 AM.



Name: JB aka JayBee

Home: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States





Current Moon






Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional



Design by Beccary