Monday, March 06, 2006

Dark waters

Life lived in darkness, behind closed windows sealed tight against the cold.
Outside, trash blows in the night air beneath purple neon signs and headlights.

Giving up everything to be alone,
tied to this place by a single string,
waiting for things to change.
Floating rather than swimming.

River or lake this metaphor?

Stone Arch Bridge: Mississippi runs clean and calm.
Walt Whitman Bridge: Schuylkill meets Delaware's foul industrial flow.

The City of Lakes and
The City of Brotherly Love.
Not my brother,
he dwells in the Windy City.

I trace his waters,
crawling out of the Great Lake.
Chemical companies line the riverbank.

Those chemical waters pollute my beloved river at the Gateway to the West.
Flowing past Crescent City devastation, defeat and stink surround her.

Miles away, I lie in the shadows of a man I love and a bridge I hate.

JB aka JayBee created this post at 11:43 PM.



Name: JB aka JayBee

Home: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States





Current Moon






Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional



Design by Beccary