Sunday, August 28, 2005

Time to brew another pot

How about it, coffee is good for you. It is full of antioxidents which help to fight cancer and help a body in other ways as well. This comes as great news to me as a cancer survivor and a big time coffee drinker. Check out the Washington Post article. Java Joy: Study Touts Coffee's Benefits

I have been a coffee aficionado since I was about 16 years old and I worked as a barista in a coffee house while at University. While I love brewing espresso and I have a home espresso machine that I love to use to make fancy drinks, my mainstay is my French press coffee maker. French press coffee requires more work than drip machines or percolators but dang it is good. If you are considering a new coffee maker I highly recommend getting an unbreakable carafe since the glass ones will break if you knock them over with a little force. I recommend the model that I have which is a BonJour Unbreakable Hugo 8. You will also want to get a thermal carafe to keep your coffee piping hot.

Strange to be talking about coffee when the storm of the century is hitting the Crescent City. Please send positive vibes to our brothers and sisters weathering the storm and to those who have evacuated.

JB aka JayBee created this post at 10:34 PM.



Name: JB aka JayBee

Home: Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States





Current Moon






Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional



Design by Beccary